Speck Of Texas

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Italy 14: Yay for the Italian Bureaucracy!

Here's one more Italy post! One of our train trips was delayed for a couple hours while we were on the train. When we got off, people were talking about going to customer service and getting a refund. Supposedly if the train is delayed for a certain amount of time, passengers can fill out a form and turn it in with their ticket to get a voucher for another ticket. But, if you live out of the country you get a reimbursement check. We figured, why the hell not. I had paid for the tickets with my CC, so I filled out the form with my home address. We really didn't think anything would come of it. I mean, you always hear stories of the ineptness of the Italian Bureaucracy. But, we figured it wouldn't hurt to try. Well, guess what came today as a registered letter! Our check for $74.74! Hot damn! I am so shocked. It only took three months for them to issue the check, two weeks for them to get around to mailing it, and two weeks to get to my house. I called Mike & Annette and Matt about it. We'll just blow it all at a nice restaurant. This has totally made my night.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home