Speck Of Texas

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

What? It's just not seasoned salt?

So, you know the Lawry's Seasoned Salt that everyone has in the pantry? Scrolly L on the label, orange top. Well, did you know it's a freaking restaurant???? I had absolutely no clue!

http://www.lawrysonline.com/theprimerib.asp

Last time we were in Dallas visiting Michael's mom, we passed it, and I was like, uh.....that L looks familiar! It was also on Food Network's Steak Paradise special. Their 'thing' is prime rib. That's basically the only thing on the menu besides lobster. I told Michael the next time we came to Dallas, I wanted to go. He'd never been either, so we both looked forward to it. This past weekend we drove to Dallas to see his mom and went to Lawry's on Saturday night. It was so good! I'm not one to put salt on my food....but that Lawry's Seasoned Salt on prime rib was incredible. It's a quiet, posh restaurant that feels very intimate. They wheel these huge stainless steel carts around and cut the meat from the roast right at your table. It also comes with mashed potatoes and Yorkshire Pudding. I hadn't had Yorkshire Pudding since I was in England, and this one was really good! If you are ever in the Dallas area and enjoy a good piece of red meat, I highly recommend it. It was pricey, but I felt you got a very large piece of meat and the value was there. For the prime rib, mashed potatoes, and Yorkshire Pudding, it was $33. There were smaller cuts of meat and a couple of larger cuts, so the price can vary. But, the prime rib was really thick and filled the plate up, so I didn't feel like it was too expensive. I wouldn't go every night...but it would be a nice 'special occasion' place.

We are on track for Michael to move in by the end of October. I just sold my sofa and chaise and he has to put some of his stuff for sale. We had two garage sales in July and did pretty well. As he goes through his stuff and we find duplicates, we're putting things aside for another garage sale in Sept. I had to sell my sofa cause the sides were really high so you couldn't lounge on it that well. We bought a really cheap one that has low sides, so it's easy to put your feet up or rest your head on the cushion. We went cheap because it only has to last a few years before we buy our new house and get one that fits the space.

ok, I know that's a small post after being gone so long.....eh, you'll take what I give you! hee hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home