Speck Of Texas

Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Big Disappointment I call 'Ike'

Yes, yes, major devastation throughout Houston/Beaumont/Galveston. But I'm not there, am I? No, I'm in AUSTIN. Where on Friday they said we had a 100% chance of rain on Saturday with high winds, etc, etc, etc. And you know what we got? Cloudy skies and four drops of rain on my windshield. First Eduard disappointed us and gave us nothing. Now, Ike comes through and we miss it by miles! Michael and I were watching the Weather Channel and I kept chanting 'Go West! Go West!', but alas, it swept east and we got NOTHING. I don't want to water my damn lawn tonight! When's the next hurricane coming through? Tropical Depression? Nasty looking storm cloud? Anything? I even cleaned my garage so I could park my car inside! Ike, you let me down!

2 Comments:

  • I was going to say something exactly like this...but after seeing the destruction in Houston/Galveston, and the flooding from Lowell in North Texas, I figured maybe we did well to avoid it altogether.

    But I do agree, I wasn't watering my lawn and gardens with the idea that Ike would do it for me. So last night, had to do mucho watering. Argh.

    By Blogger cpu, at 9:38 AM, September 14, 2008  

  • Hey there! The spice rack looks really cool. Looks like you've been doing all sorts of cool stuff lately! No worries about my birthday, you sent the last package and I haven't got around to sending the stuff I had for you (it got close to the expiration date as usual) so I'll put something together for you! But um, it'll probably late as always.

    It's probably best the hurricane totally missed you. Watering the lwan is probably a lot better than having to buy a new house!

    By Blogger inertbat, at 11:30 AM, September 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home