Speck Of Texas

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We've started smoking! (In a good way)

One of my favorite things about Texas is that barbeque is taken VERY seriously out here. Michael recently purchased a smoker and it has been AWESOME! It's the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker. I asked him why he got that one and his response was that there's entire websites devoted to this smoker and what you can do with it. Hmmm...good response. I have completely removed myself from the workings of this smoker. This is Micheal's fun time - I just reap the rewards. He's made a place in my backyard where there aren't too many trees around. Once the smoker's going with the wood and charcoal it really doesn't put off any fire hazhards - it's just getting the charcoal ready that's rather flamey.

Anyways, on his first big run he smoked two kinds of ribs (one with sauce and one dry), handmade sausage that he'd made previously, and a pork shoulder that turned into pulled pork.

When he said what he was making I started inviting people over. Mike/Annette and Jeff/Judy came over to help us eat. It was soooo freaking yummy. We had a ton of pulled pork left over so I gave some to my parents too (and getting some bonus points for Michael in the process).

This is what the pork looked like coming out of the smoker. The blackness is just the smoked meat. It's not burned or anything. It's good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home