Speck Of Texas

Saturday, June 13, 2009

CA Pictures

As promised, the best CA pictures have been uploaded to Michael's smugmug site. Here is the website. Some have captions at the bottom.

http://hrast.smugmug.com/gallery/8506312_GXv6N#559894891_9rJVx

The ones that crack me up the most are on page 14 near the end. There are two pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge and a metal view finder (I don't know what they're really called). Michael was taking some shots of the bridge, and I thought the view finders looked cool. I asked him to get the view finder in the foreground and the bridge in the background. He took it and showed me the screen. I was like, well, that's not really what I meant. So he gave me the camera and I took the picture that I wanted. When I showed it to him, he was like 'argh! that's a better picture!'. And at that moment we realized how different our perspectives are, being 8 inches different in height. I was right in front of the view finders, while Michael looked over them.

All the ones of us together were taken with my Olympus. You can't really do that 'arm out to take a picture of yourself' thing with a camera that has a 6 inch lens on it. So, my little Olympus still comes in handy. We also brought my camera in to the Thomas Keller Napa restaurants to take pictures of the food. It's a little more discreet than Michael's big camera. hee hee.


Oh,,.....and whoever deleted their comment from my previous post - you can't do that to me! What did it say??? I'm dying of curiousity now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home